Scope for 300 Winchester Magnum
Long before I placed the order for a .300 Winchester Magnum chambered Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range Rifle I began my Google search for the “BEST SCOPE FOR 300 WINCHESTER MAGNUM RIFLES“. Of course “Best” is a subjective term. I’m looking to get the BEST .300 WIN MAG SCOPE for my purposes. If the United States Government was footing the bill or I had a better paying career I could simply buy a Nightforce and call it a day. That is not my situation.
My scopes needs are long range target shooting and my long range is a tract of land about 800 or so yards on some private property. This is the same place that I have been shooting my Remington 700 22-250 since the mid 1990’s
.300 Winchester Magnum Scope Criteria
Scope Cost -The rule of thumb I try to follow is a riflescope should cost roughly the amount as the rifle. The Remington 700 XCR Tactical cost me about $1200
Scope Use – I am not a hunter. The .300 Win Mag scope I choose will be primarily used for long range targets.
Scope Intangibles – When I researched the .300 Win Mag scope choices of others I was surprised to find shooters actually considering inexpensive scopes like Barska and NcStar. In my opinion that’s setting oneself up for failure. Those scopes are not designed or intended for the punishment large calibers can place on them. These scopes will fail and probably at the worst time.
Scope for 300 Winchester Magnum
Viper HS LR 6-24×50 FFP
Want to extend your effective shooting range at distances where bullet drop and wind drift become critical? Take a look at the Viper HS LR 6-24×50 FFP. The LR stands for long range — and we mean it. This riflescope features an exposed target-style elevation turret built for dialing elevation at extended ranges. The capped windage turret maintains the scope’s sleek lines and prevent it from hanging up on clothing, rifle cases or pack scabbards.
The Viper HS LR 6-24×50 FFP riflescope feature an advanced optical system highlighted with a 4x zoom range for magnification versatility. A forgiving eye box with increased eye relief gets shooters on target quickly and easily. Built on an ultra-strong 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tube for increased windage and elevation travel and optimal adjustment. $1049
Vortex Razor HD 5-20×50 Riflescope EBR-2B Reticle (MOA) RZR-52005
Vortex breaks new ground with our Razor HD tactical riflescopes. Built literally from the ground up to meet the demanding needs of precision shooters. The Razor HD 5-20×50 Riflescope EBR-2B Reticle (MOA) RZR-52005 is a state-of-the-art long-range performer built on a solid 35mm one-piece tube and packed with more than a dozen unique performance and optical features—including a precision-etched first focal plane reticle. $1699
Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24×50 Riflescope VMR-1 Reticle (MOA) VHS-4325
Tree stands to mountain tops, bolt guns to ARs, the Viper HS-T 6-24×50 Riflescope VMR-1 Reticle (MOA) VHS-4325 is ideal for a wide range of shooting applications. Blending many of the best features from Vortex’s incredibly popular Viper PST and Viper HS riflescopes, the Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) riflescope is built on an ultra-strong 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tube to deliver increased windage and elevation travel and optimal adjustment. An advanced optical system highlighted with a 4x zoom range provides magnification versatility. A forgiving eye box with increased eye relief gets shooters on target quickly and easily. Incredibly precise, repeatable and durable tactical windage and elevation turrets built specifically for dialing, along with its hashmark-based reticle, top off this highly versatile riflescope’s long-range performance features. $639
Some of Leupold’s finest long range scopes and some of my favorite scopes. Available in Mildot or TMR, Illuminated and non illuminated. I have two of the illuminated Mildot versions on other firearms. The non illuminated versions are at the upper price level of my budget
Leupold 8.5-25×50 Mark 4 Long Range Tactical 30mm M5 Rifle Scope 113092 (TMR) is incredible accuracy in a cutting edge, robust design. The Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 8.5-25×50 M5 Riflescope features .10 mil adjustments and answers the call for extremely accurate long range shooting. Mark 4 LR/T riflescopes from Leupold delivers dead on targeting each time you go out target shooting or hunting. As a member of the Leupold riflescope lineup, the Mark 4 series include some of the most devastatingly accurate riflescopes on the planet. The Leupold 8.5-25x50mm LR/T M5 Metric fulfills the hardened requirements that its fellow rifle scopes have led hunters and target shooters to expect. $1599
Leupold 8.5-25×50 Mark 4 Long Range Tactical 6.5-20x50mm (30mm) M1 Rifle Scope 54680 (Mildot) Pinpoint, long-range accuracy and tough enough for the worst environments. If you live in a world where there is absolutely no room for error, this is your Scope. The Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20×50 mm MR/T M1 gives you superior edge-to-edge sharpness and outstanding brightness for low-light operations. And this Scope will be there for you when you really need it – built to Leupold’s legendary standard of toughness. Index Matched Lens System: lens coatings are specifically matched to each lens surface and glass type and layered to minimize reflections, maximize the amount of usable light reaching your eye for more clarity and brightness than nearly any other scope on the market; Big 50 mm objective hauls in light to brighten the toughest tactical situations; 14.3-5.5′ F.O.V. @ 100 yds. 1/4 M.O.A. click adjustments… finger-adjustable for faster windage and elevation adjustments, zeroed adjustment lets you zero knobs after sight-in; Precision parallax adjustment for specific ranges from 50 yds. to infinity using the turret-mounted knob – no taking your eyes off the target; Non-illuminated mil. dot reticle; 5.5-3.8″ eye relief; Solid one-piece 6061-T6 construction with oversized 30 mm main tube; Fog-proof, waterproof, incredibly durable construction… absolute recoil resistance even with large-scale calibers and repeatable accuracy; Includes Butler Creek flip-open lens covers to protect your lenses; Durable, matte finish for maximum concealment; Approx. 14 1/2″ long, 22 ozs. Leave nothing to chance and everything to the precision of the Mark 4 6.5-20×50 mm MR/T M1. Order Today! Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20×50 mm MR/T M1 Scope, Non-Illuminated Reticle, Matte Finish
Bushnell Elite Tactical LRS 4.5-30x 50mm ET4305
At $750 the Bushnell Elite Tactical LRS 4.5-30x 50mm ET4305 riflescope is about as low cost as I would consider (unless it’s Vortex).
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity
- 100% quality materials used and tested extensively
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
- Long range, tactical target scope with 4.5 to 30x adjustable magnification and a 50-millimeter objective lens
- Mil-Dot reticle and target turrets; blacked-out finish for concealment
- Ultra Wide Band Coating and fully multi-coated optics for light transmission and image clarity
- RainGuard HD anti-fog technology keeps lens clear in any conditions
- 30-millimeter tube; argon purged; three-inch sunshade; limited lifetime warranty
Burris XTR II 8-40x50mm Riflescope 201080
This is serious, state-of-the-art technology for competitive shooters and tactical operators.
The Burris XTR II 8-40×50 mm Riflescope 201080 features a 5-times zoom system and 25% thicker tube construction than the original XTR™ Riflescope.
The front focal plane reticle design on this and all high-magnification XTR II riflescopes allows the reticle size to increase or decrease as magnification is increased or decreased. Trajectory compensation is always correct and proportional for the selected power setting. This reticle design is also called first focal plane or FFP.
It has dimensionally-matched precision adjustment knobs and Zero Click Stop technology.
High-performance optics offer Hi-Lume® multi-coated lenses. The lenses optimize target resolution, contrast, and low-light performance.
All hand-fitted internal assemblies are triple spring-tensioned for absolute shockproofing, even under severe recoil. They are vibration resistant, even on extended vehicular patrols. $1200
- Features XT-80 click adjustment knob, with 80 clicks per rotation
- Designed for serious, technical, long-range precision rifle shooters
- F-Class MOA illuminated front-focal-plane reticle is optimized for long-range, F-Class competitive shooting
- The reticle is laid out in 1/2-MOA increments
- Reticle has a secondary horizontal crosshair and reticle grid to provide 20 MOA of additional adjustment beyond the turret adjustment capability, while still retaining the ability to use the wind hold-off references
- Reticle has 1-MOA and 1/2-MOA marks for wind hold-off
- Front focal plane (FFP) reticle design allows the reticle size to increase or decrease as magnification is increased or decreased; trajectory compensation is always correct and proportional for the selected power setting; also called first focal plane or FFP
- Multi-turn adjustment knobs have a 1/8-MOA adjustment and feature true Zero Click Stop; knobs offer 8 mils per rotation, with multi revolutions of adjustment
- 34 mm body tube
- Excellent resolution optics and tactical-appropriate reticles and adjustment knobs make it easier to identify targets and adjust for windage and elevation
- Versatile 5-times zoom system allows for a larger field of view at close ranges and better target acquisition at long ranges
- Zero Click Stop adjustment knobs let you quickly and easily revert back to the original yardage setting without counting clicks
- Advanced windage and elevation adjustments are fast and easy; accurate and repeatable reticle adjustments match the measurement system of the reticle
- Ergonomic side focus, and easy-to-reach parallax adjustment from 50 yds. to infinity for improved accuracy at long distances
- High-grade optical glass provides excellent brightness and clarity with lasting durability
- Index-matched Hi-Lume® multicoating aids in low-light performance and glare elimination, increasing your success rate
- Illuminated reticle reduces time to get on target in any lighting condition and dramatically increases accuracy when target is dark
- 11 brightness settings (spanning night vision, low light, and daytime), with a convenient battery-saver position between each setting
- Double internal spring-tension system allows the scope to hold zero through shock, recoil, and vibrations
- Nitrogen-filled body tubes prevent internal fogging in the cold and rain
- Precision-gauged and hand-fitted internal assemblies maintain a consistent point of impact through the magnification range, regardless of shock and vibration
- Solid, 1-piece outer tube is stress-free and durable; withstands shock and vibration from even the heaviest-recoiling calibers
Burris XTR II 8-40x50mm Riflescope Manual
SWFA SS HD 5-20×50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SSHD520X50MQI
I have read that the SWFA Super Sniper riflescopes are improved versions of the Bausch & Lomb riflescopes years back. That’s a good thing. The Super Snipers SWFA SS HD 5-20×50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SSHD520X50MQI $1500
- Patented First Focal Plane Illuminated Mil-Quad Reticle
- HD Model
- Locking Ocular Adjustment
- 0.1 Mrad Elevation & Windage
- 10 Mils Per Revolution
- 30 Mils Of Total Travel
- Side Focus
As July 24, 2016 Nikon does not offer a riflescope that suits my view of what I want for my .300 Winchester Magnum needs.
Didn’t find your Scope for 300 Winchester Magnum on this page? drop us a line and share what 300 Winchester Magnum Scope you decided on.